Someone sent me a friend request - but I don’t know this person, what should I do?
- Sometimes people want to network or make a lot of friends on social media so they send friend requests to people they don’t know.
- Before you accept a person you should have a look at their profile - try to see who they are. Do you have friends in common? Are you from the same town?
- You do not have to accept the request if you don’t feel comfortable sharing private information with the person. Don’t feel pressured to do so.
- Check your privacy settings so that this person does not see your private information if you don’t want them to.
- Remember also that sometimes people pretend to be someone they are not on the internet.
Think before you accept a request from someone you don't know.
Do you have a story to share with us? It can help others like you stay out of trouble. Let us know BY CLICKING HERE