What to do if you received a message with a job offer asking to meet in person.
- Did you apply for a job or contact anyone about a job? If not, this could be a scam - be careful.
- Do some research about the company or business - do an Internet search, ask a teacher at school or an adult you trust.
Be careful when going to meet someone for the first time if you’ve only ever spoken to them online.
- Always pick a public place to meet.
- Ask a friend or family member to come with you.
- If you’re going alone, always tell a friend or family member where you’re going and who you’re meeting.