Someone sent you a friend request, but you don’t know this person, should you accept them?
- Sometimes people want to network or make a lot of friends on social media so they send friend requests to people they don’t know.
- Before you accept a request, you should have a look at their profile and try to see who they are.
- Questions to ask yourself: 1) Do you have friends in common? 2) Are you from the same town? 3) How old are they?
- Don’t feel pressured. You don’t have to accept the request if you don’t feel comfortable sharing private info with this person.
- Check your privacy settings so that they can’t access your details if you don’t want them to.
Remember that sometimes people aren’t who they say they are or represent themselves to be online.