Did you know?
Right from the beginning babies can see, hear and smell you.
- Newborns learn through using their senses.
- Newborns recognize their mother immediately.
- Healthy babies can see, hear, and smell at birth.
- Talking to babies from birth is very important, even before.
- Babies need to move freely and safely to grow.
- Within a few days, babies can start smiling when people smile at them.
- Babies communicate their needs. They learn to trust that someone will pay attention to their movements, sounds, and cries.
- Breastfeeding on demand strengthens interaction and growing trust.
- Mothers can learn to recognize that a child is hungry before the child starts to cry. Children show interest in breastfeeding by becoming fussy, sucking their hand, or moving their head toward the breast.