Did you know?
- Experiment with cause-and-effect relationships.
- Experiment with how objects fall, how to make a noise, or how their arms and legs exert resistance and force.
- Enjoy making noises by hitting or banging with a cup or other object. This may be frustrating for busy mothers and fathers, but it is important to be patient, as the child is learning through this play.
- Notice when people express strong anger, and may be upset by it.
- Copy the sounds and actions of others.
- Like other people to respond to the sounds they are making and to show an interest in the new things they notice.
- Recognize her/his name before being able to say it. Hearing her/his name helps the child know that she/he is a special person in the family.
- Learn from what is being said to them, and can understand a lot even before they can say words.