Tips and toys for 1-2 year old toddlers
- A one-year-old’s pretend play is very simple. Give them things they need for pretend play and watch them imitate others. A spoon and pot let them pretend to cook.
- It's good to notice and praise infants for what they are learning to do.
- Try to understand the child’s words and check to see whether you understand what she/he says.
- Always use kind words to soothe a hurt child and praise their efforts.
- Use toys such as nesting and stacking objects, containers and clothes clips.