WHAT YOU CAN DO AND LOOK OUT FOR
- Hold and talk to your baby in a cheerful smiling way
Your baby will show calmness and comfort and will slowly establish trust with you.
- Slowly move colourful things for your child to see and reach for.
Give toys to play with, such as rattles or colourful pictures
- Smile and laugh with your child.
You should soon see your baby smile in return.
- Talk to your child and get a conversation going by copy your baby’s sounds
You should see her/him slowly focus on your face and try to imitate you in return.
- Help your child follow an object. Put toys near your baby so that he/she can follow.
You should see the child trying to follow the object with her/his eyes.
- Encourage your child to reach for a safe object you show her/him, such as a plastic cup.
You should see her/him trying to grab or touch it.
- You can have quiet play times when you read and sing to your baby
Observe your baby is listening to what you tell her/him and willing to participate in her/his own way.
- Place your baby on her/his tummy and play using your fingers creeping towards and tickling him/her.
See your baby show delight by laughing or shrieking.