Did you know?
- Copying the sounds and movements babies make helps the people who care for them understand what they are communicating and respond to their interests and needs. Babies explore and imitate their surrounding environment
- You can use safe household items to play with your children.
- 1-3 month old babies see things best when they are between 8-12 inches away. By 3 months, babies have a greater range of vision.
- Like to put things into their mouths because their mouths are sensitive. Using taste and touch helps them learn warm and cool, and soft and hard.
- Like to reach for and grab fingers and objects.
- Look at their hands and feet as if they are just discovering them. This helps them practice eye-hand coordination, and also learn what belongs to their body and what does not.
- Love to see people and faces.
- Enjoy making new sounds, like squeals and laughs.
- Start to learn about how to have a conversation with another person, even before they can say words.