Tips and toys you can use for 1-6 month old babies
- Don't hesitate to hold and carry the child as much as possible.
- All family members can smile, laugh, and talk to the child. They can “coo” and copy the child’s sounds.
- Make sure that what the child puts into her/his mouth is clean, not sharp, and is large enough that the child won’t choke on it.
- Clean, safe, and colorful things from the household, such as wooden spoons, plastic bowls or cups can be given to the child to reach for and touch.
- Use toys such as a shaker rattle, big ring on a string, etc.
- Hang rings of beads and colorful objects to whirl above a child’s bed or swing within the range of eyesight.
- Make sure the infant cannot catch and put any small objects into her/his mouth. Never use things that are poisonous, harmful, or that might get stuck in the child's throat, nose, or ears.