Tips and toys you can use for 2+ year old toddlers
- Make any counting you do with children fun. Sing or chant the numbers. Help them to pat or touch thing as you count them.
- Try – with patience – to answer your child’s many questions.
- Try not to say contradictory things to your child. The more accurate you are in your talking, the more it will help your child develop clear thinking.
- Your child pays attention to everything you say. The more you say it, the faster she/he will remember what it means.
- You should always correct your child gently so that she/he does not feel ashamed.
Toys you can make yourself
- Children still enjoy playing with simple, homemade toys. They don't need store-bought toys.
- Children can learn to draw with chalk on a stone or with a stick in the sand.
- Children can learn to match colours, shapes, and sizes with simple objects, such as bottle caps.
- You can make puzzles by cutting magazines or simple pictures into large pieces.
- Seed stacking: Get a wide piece of timber and a stick (the stick should not be sharp or thin). Glue the stick to the board. Collect 5 to 10 seeds of different lengths and sizes. Poke a hole in one end of each seed, and color each differently.
- Building blocks.
- You can make beads and chains out of wild fruits and nuts.
Next article :