There are many young entrepreneurs worldwide, which means there are existing forums for you to join and read inspiring stories.
Many of these young people are founders of apps, music platforms, and social network companies. Because many of these are mobile technology-based, you can maximize this and get involved by learning more about creating mobile solutions to personal challenges and problems in your own community! Check out some resources below (keep in mind that with these links, data charges may apply when you leave this site):
- UNICEF’s Guide to Action - Advocacy-focused. Choose your issue, do your research, conduct a survey
- The Rockefeller Foundation’s Digital Jobs Africa
- Empower Women
- UN IT Girls initiative in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- The Global Initiative on Decent Jobs for Youth
- UN Youth Envoy
- Girls Who Code
- ECOSOC Youth Forum
- World Bank Youth Forum
- The Cherie Blair Foundation
- Mozilla and online code editing
Entrepreneurship doesn’t have to be high tech -- find out more about people who took action on a great idea.