Events are a great way to spread your message! They are an opportunity to engage people in discussion and pass on information in person.
Here are just a few of the types of events where you can raise awareness and communicate information. You can either organize the event yourself or take advantage of a special event being organized by school or church:
- Rallies and fairs: these are large gatherings with lots of stalls, activities and games.
- Walks and marches: organized walks and marches are another good way of attracting attention. They can also be sponsored to raise funds.
- Concerts: organise your own or ask for permission to hand out material at public concerts.
- Sports events: many successful groups use sports as a focal point for activities
- Theatrical events: short dramas, comedy sketches and puppet shows are good for communicating information in an engaging and dynamic way!